Translate

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Playa Zipolite. Welcome To The Beach Of The Dead!: Last night in Peru. Sweet Dreams. Lot of heat. A...

Playa Zipolite. Welcome To The Beach Of The Dead!: 

Last night in Peru. Sweet Dreams. Lot of heat. A little cold. Lake Titicaca at 12,507 feet, climb up to the top of Tequile Island at 13,287 feet above sea level ... the air so thin. AND I DID IT!


Some 43 years ago, Mrs. Russell, my 4th grade teacher at Edison Elementary located in South Tacoma assigned me to complete a report on Peru.  I earned an "A" on that report.  Ever since that report I have wanted to visit Peru.  And now I have.

I climbed to the top of Machu Picchu, twice.  The second climb I sat on top next to the Inca Trail and ate lunch.

I danced with topless indigenous Bora women in costume.

I at grubs shish-co-bob.  (Needed salt).

Ate fruits and nuts I had never scene before.

Smelled Belen  market, and smiled with its people.

MotoKars!

Bought from the markets witch doctor a small  bottle of oil for a blister I developed on both calves of my legs.  She said all you need to do is put on blister twice a day and 'believe' it will work.  Hell of a blister on my calves from the top of both boots I wore on a 5 hour hot wet jungle walk.

Walked on two Uro floating islands.

Walked and sweat and walked and sweat. Rode boats and sweat. Swam and sweat.  Slept and sweat. Fed Monkeys and sweat.  Held a frik'en big snake and sweat. Explored the jungle with a fine and honorable guide named Jino and sweat.  And more and sweat.  I still have many pictures to post.

Flying on 12 different flights in two weeks.

I have fulfilled a 4th grade goal which has left me with many sweet dreams.

Cool.


Good night, Lima.






No comments:

Post a Comment